Blog of the Year Award - not 1 but 2 stars

Thanks to Kylie at Kylie's Genes for a 2012Blog of the Year Award.  Kylie not only blogs but makes things to sell at the Adelaide markets. Sometimes I don't know how we all manage to blog in between all our other commitments.

It is great to know that others read the blog posts that we write about our families. It has certainly been two exciting years since I began blogging. (Should have been longer - just took too long to make up a name!)



After reading the extended post at TheThought Palette I realise that you can nominate a blogger who has already received an award. They simply exchange the image above for one with more stars. Perhaps someone will receive a second or even third star from me.

Looks like I have a second star before I finish this blog. (I have to admit being a little slow to get this post started.)

Thanks this time to Catherine Crout-Habel whose blog Seeking Susan - Meeting Marie - Finding Family is one I frequently read.




Hopefully I'll finish this post today. As I'm on holidays I'm trying to swim every morning and it's that time now. I also have another problem - I procrastinate.

My nominations are not from the genealogy world.

1. 52 suburbs - I eagerly await the post from Louise each week. In fact I don't now what I'll do this year when Louise has reached 52 posts. I encourage you to take a look at this blog. 4 weeks in 4 different suburbs in 12 different cities around the world in a year with a 9 year old. WOW!

2. Mark at  Clarence Valley Today has a daily photo blog about life in Northern New South Wales. How he manages to post daily is beyond me, but it's always worth perusing. This morning when I looked at it I saw a couple of posts about Hillgrove, east of Armidale. Both my husband and I have family who lived in Hillgrove so I was very interested in these posts.

I encourage you all to take a look at both these blogs.




The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/   and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…

Comments

  1. Congratulations Sharon!!! Your recognition is well deserved. I'm looking forward to reading the Blogs you have nominated :-) Cheers, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sharon! I too enjoy the 52 suburbs blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to her next venture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment