Ballymoney Old Church Graveyard - Dorothy Arthur

I purchased a copy of Ballymoney Old Church Graveyard by Dorothy Arthur when I was in Ireland two years ago. For anyone with family from Ballymoney or the surrounding area, this book is a must.

Dorothy Arthur has photographed and transcribed each of the headstones, and provided some information about the families.

My families from this area are Moore, Knox, Glen(n), Henry and Hanna(h). There are representatives from each of these families buried at Ballymoney. However, at this stage I can't fit any of these people into my families. One day perhaps!

If anyone has family who may be buried at Ballymoney I am more than happy to look them up in this book for you.




Comments

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I live in Canada and unfortunately, the book is not available on Amazon.ca. I was hoping you wouldn’t mind looking in the book to see if you can find any information on my family.

    My great-great-grandfather was William Kennedy b.1828 or 1831-1906 in Scotland to Andrew Kennedy. I don’t know William’s mothers name or when Andrew was born or died. The family moved to either Ballymena or Ballymoney in the 1830’s. William moved back to Scotland but in 1865 married Nancy Lamont (1844-1907) from Ballymoney/Ballymena and they settled back in Ballymoney around 1871. Her father was Robert Lamont(born abt 1814-1895). I also don’t know Robert’s wife’s name or his parents.

    I know all of William and Nancy’s children names from my aunt. Most of the children moved to Canada, England and the U.S but 2 boys we think stayed in the area but died young. Thomas (1879-possibly 1908) and Samuel (1875-1884). My great-grandfather was William and Nancy’s oldest, William (1865-1963) and he immigrated to Saskatchewan, Canada where we currently live.

    I’m really hoping to find information on Andrew Kennedy, his wife, Robert Lamont, his wife and any possible siblings of theirs or other children of Andrews besides William. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click on My Profile and send me your email address.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment